To make the process performance counters work, the most likely fix is:
- Investigate the current registry settings for PerfPoc
Reg query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PerfProc\Performance /s
- send the output to the developer
Set "Disable Performance Counters" to 0. Any value other than 0 causes the performance counter to be disabled
Reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PerfProc\Performance /v "Disable Performance Counters" /t REG_DWORD /d 0
Process counters are enabled by default but we've occasionally seen some machines where they are not. I also filed a bug to generate a warning in your server page whenever this is the case, which I thought we already did but I guess not.
To rebuild performance counters:
All steps need to be performed as
- Set "Disable Performance Counters" to 0 (see step above)
- Rebuild all performance counters
- %windir%\system32\lodctr /R
- %windir%\sysWOW64\lodctr /R
- Resync the counters with Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI):
- Stop and restart the Performance Logs and Alerts service.
- net stop pla
- net start pla
- Stop and restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service.
- net stop winmgmt
- net start winmgmt
Then restart LeanSentry services.